The National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs (NAAMLP) is issuing a call for papers to be presented at the 42nd annual conference. NAAMLP is a non-profit organization whose members consist of the 31 states and Indian Tribes conducting abandoned mine reclamation programs under the federal Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977.
- AMD Characterization and Treatment
- AML or AMD Case Studies
- AML Pilot Program Case Studies
- Beneficial Use of Waste Materials
- Coal Combustion Byproducts
- Coal Mining Heritage/Historic Preservation
- Coal Refuse Reprocessing/Capping
- Economic Development and Reclamation
- AML Emergency Projects
- Endangered Species
- Geophysical Methods or Investigations
- Grayfields and/or Brownfields
- Innovative/Unique Reclamation Techniques
- Integration of GPS/GIS/Drone Techniques
- Mine Fire Restoration Techniques
- Mine Subsidence
- NEPA and/or Public Participation
- Non-Coal/Hard Rock Issues
- Permitting Issues
- Program Policy Issues/Reauthorization
- Property Acquisition/Access Issues
- Regulatory Issues
- Re-mining and Reclamation
- Resource Recovery
- Reuse of AMD Impaired Water
- Revegetation/Reforestation Techniques
- Slopes/Shafts Reclamation Techniques
- Stream Restoration Techniques
- Water Supply Replacements
- Wildlife Habitat Enhancements
Abstract proposals should be submitted in PDF format on or before July 23th, 2021. Selected presenters will be notified on or before August 4th, 2021, and final presentation material will be due on or before September 1st, 2021.
In an effort to facilitate scheduling, anyone interested in presenting should consider sending notification with anticipated topic early.
Abstracts should be 300 words or less, Times New Roman – 12 font, and should include the presentation title, along with the presenter’s name, title, organization or company, business address, phone number and email address. Video presentations are welcome as well. Presentations, including video presentations, are anticipated to be 20 minutes with a five‑minute Q and A to follow. All abstracts should be emailed to: CallforPapers@NAAMLP2021.com.
Details pertaining to the final presentation format, speaker guidelines and other presentation information will be provided to authors and/or presenters in early August.
For more information or for questions, please contact the Nevada Division of Minerals by email at CallforPapers@NAAMLP2021.com.